At UKIM, we are committed to mitigating risk, protecting you, protecting our panel of medical experts and preventing the spread of Covid-19. We have therefore set out below the policies and procedures we have in place to ensure that home appointment visits are conducted safely.
Please tell us as soon as possible if:
• You would prefer an earlier, remote consultation by video-chat.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Wash and sanitise your hands.
- Wear clean clothing if possible.
- Please be ready for your appointment at the specified time.
- Please advise us as soon as possible if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms so that your appointment can be cancelled and rescheduled.
If you have a new continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell, please cancel your appointment. Follow the national advice and stay at home for seven days.
Information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
To help reduce the risk and spread of infection, we ask that you please:
- If possible, ask all other members of your household to vacate the property until your appointment has been completed.
- Maintain a two-metre distance at all times.
- Wear an appropriate face covering if you have access to one.
- Provide hand washing facilities for the visiting medical expert.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
When your medical appointment is over, please:
- Wash your hands before meeting anyone else.
- Sanitise any surfaces that the medical expert may have come into contact with (such as door handles, etc)
If you or any members of your househould begin to show Covid-19 symptoms after you have attended your medical appointment, please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works for guidance on next steps.
Should you have any questions regarding your medical appointment with us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling 0333 414 1988.