Helping you through MedCo
The MedCo Portal must be used for sourcing all initial medical reports in soft tissue injury claims brought under the RTA Protocol where the CNF is submitted on or after 6th April 2015.
If you have any questions about the MedCo portal or would like to start using UKIM, please get in touch at email@example.com or call 0333 414 1988.
Key Benefits of selecting UKIM
- Expertise: national panel of experienced and fully vetted experts, covering all disciplines and locations
- Data protection and information security: secure transfer of personal data
- Predictable high quality service levels: fast turnaround times
How will the system work?
On MedCo you will either select a Medical Reporting Organisation (MRO) OR a Medical Expert from a randomly generated list.
- If you select an MRO; MedCo will generate a random list which will include two Tier 1 and ten Tier 2 MROs. UKIM is registered as a high volume national provider (Tier 1 MRO).
- If you instruct a medical expert directly you will have to pay the same £180 to do all of the administration and funding yourself.
- The portal will generate a unique 'MedCo Case ID' which must be given to the MRO by the claimant representative which will be displayed on the Medical Report. The MRO will then upload certain key data from the report on an anonymised basis once the report is completed and the unique MedCo Case ID ties to the search result.
- To enable you to instruct UKIM, please ensure that you select us on your MedCo search results first.
Claimant solicitors and insurers must all register for MedCo, please click here if you have not already registered. UKIM will ensure that its systems can accommodate the additional information (such as the unique case ID) and continue to provide updates on the MedCo system as and when they emerge. If you have any questions about the MedCo portal please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org