Claimant Home Appointment Advice
At UKIM, we are committed to mitigating risk, protecting you, protecting our panel of Medical Experts and preventing the spread of Covid-19.
As a result of the restrictions that were in place due to the spread of Covid-19, home appointments have been limited. We are pleased to advise that the availability of our Medical Expert panel is now returning to normal in most areas and we are usually able to offer home appointments should you need one.
Although the Government has lifted most restrictions, many Medical Experts still have guidelines in place for everyone to follow. These are in place for your safety and wellbeing.
A home appointment involves the Medical Expert instructed on your case visiting your home to conduct a consultation. There may be certain requirements that you will need to comply with. Should you have any concerns you would like to discuss then please contact our team on 0333 414 1988.
What you need to know about your home appointment:
- It is your responsibility to declare any circumstances that mean the Medical Expert should not attend your home for your appointment.
- You will need to facilitate the smooth running of the appointment by ensuring you comply with the guidelines provided by UKIM and the Medical Expert.
- It will be your responsibility to wear an appropriate face covering (unless medically exempt) if the Medical Expert requires you to do so.
- This option is completely voluntary and you can withdraw your request for a home consultation at any time. If you would prefer a remote consultation via video-chat, please let us know as soon as possible by calling us on 0333 414 1988.
Before your appointment
- Wash and sanitise your hands.
- Wear clean clothing if possible (i.e. work clothes are fine but may be an issue if they are heavily soiled).
- Please be ready for your appointment at the specified time.
- Please advise us as soon as possible if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms so that your appointment can be cancelled and rescheduled. If you have a new continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell please isolate following the Government guidelines.
At your appointment
To help reduce the risk and spread of infection, we ask that you please:
- Where possible, ask all other members of your household to vacate the property until your appointment has been completed.
- Limit close contact where possible.
- Wear an appropriate face covering (unless medically exempt) should the Medical Expert require you to do so.
- Provide hand washing facilities for the visiting Medical Expert.
After your appointment
When your medical appointment is over, please:
- Wash your hands before meeting anyone else.
- Sanitise any surfaces that the Medical Expert may have come into contact with (such as door handles, etc).
- If you or any members of your household begin to show Covid-19 symptoms after you have attended your medical appointment, please visit NHS Test & Trace for guidance on next steps.
UKIM and our panel of Medical Experts will treat your data with the utmost confidentiality as data protection and information security remains our priority.
Should you have any questions regarding your medical appointment with us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling 0333 414 1988.